We have some cute new things to show you, our drop 2 is here.
Love leopard print? Well, good, because we have heaps in this final drop for Autumn Winter. We also have some corduroy, rib, daisy print, tiger print and some waflle! Something for everyone.
There's also some matching mumma outfits!
Our last kids clothing drop comes in baby sizes 0-3 months up to 10 years.
Sizes are selling out fast, so don't wait too long. Tag us on instagram too in your new outfits, we would love to see!
Don't forget we offer Afterpay and Pay by Laybuy, we ship worldwide and if you sign up to our newsletter you get a cool 10% off code to shop!
For our Aussie customers we have free shipping over $70 at the moment.
If you want to see our designs up close check out our stockists.
KaPow Kids SS20 - Sun Seeker
Our new beachy, surfy, retro, boho summer collection, SUN SEEKER, launches August 31st at 7PM AEST.
Photography by Minimopeeps
Rompers, Headbands, Tees, Shorts, Knitted Rompers, Bathers, Jumpsuits, Sun Hats starting at size 0-3 months.
Boys Range: 1-10 years
Tees, Singlets, Shorts, Bathers, Sunhats, Jumpsuits.
Girls Range: 1-10 years
Dresses, Tutus, Bathers, Sunhats, Headbands, Peplum Tees, Bike Shorts, Dungarees, Pinafores.
(up to 6 years in Ruffle dungarees & Pinny)
Matching Mummy range: S, M, L
We have 2 dresses and 2 Peplum Tees for Ladies.
KaPow Kids Website Exclusives:
Cloud Pink Rib Bike shorts, Cloud Pink Rib Peplum, Bloom Ruffle Bathers and Rust Cheetah Balloon Romper are exclusive to our website.
KaPow Kids Winter 18 Range
Wow the response to our new collection has been mind blowing!
Everyone is loving the prints and the colours and the new styles!
Check out these cool customer photos!
Our new Autumn Winter range launches early March!
The range is due to land at the end of february, we will be packing all the wholesale orders for our lovely stockists, and then once we have the stock in our hot little hands we will officially announce the launch date!
We know a lot of our fans are very eager to see and purchase the new winter threads. Boy can we tell you, the range is GOOD! So many pieces for boys this time, in some really wearable colours: khaki, black, grey and beige. Some cute prints and some edgy prints, so everyone is happy.
For girls we have some dusty pink, some monochrome and some beautiful beige colours.
We are even bring back one of our very popular prints from 2 years ago!
And yes our pom pom beanies will be back to match with the range.
We have lots of new shapes, cant wait to show you more!
So get ready for early March, its going to be AWESOME.
A new school year is about to start, and we’ve got your back. Whether your kid needs an upgrade from last year’s lunch-stained daycare bag, or your toddler needs their very first kinder backpack, we’ve got three cool prints perfect for you!
Here's all the important info:
- Spacious main compartment can hold lunchbox, clothes, or other daily essentials
- Padded and adjustable straps for a custom fit
- Additional front compartment for easy access to smaller items
- Material: durable 100% cotton canvas
- Care Instructions: wipe clean with damp cloth
- External dimensions: width 23cm, Height 34cm, Depth 15cm
- Designed in Melbourne, made ethically in Vietnam
- KaPow Kids Lightning tag in bottom corner of bag
These will be available in time for Christmas delivery! The coolest backpack for kinder or daycare! Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to know!
Hidden Tiger Backpack
Bam Bam Backpack
Heart Breaker Backpack
Should be arriving next week! EEK!
In December we will be launching our first range of cool kids backpacks!
These bags are a great size to fit in all your kid's things for daycare or kinder.
Here is a little look at the 3 designs:
Yeah sure, its great to shop online - pajamas, no bra, no makeup, I must admit I am a bit of an online shopping addict!
But I also love to shop in bricks and mortar stores, to touch the fabrics and see the designs up close because everything looks so much better in real life.
Here are some beautiful captures of some of our stockists here in Australia and New Zealand. These stores stock the coolest kids clothing brands. And its so great to support small business and shop local.
If your'e a local, check out these lovely kids shops today!
Today is our birthday!
KaPow is now 4 years old! We started in 2013 with a trip to spotlight to purchase some fabric and a domestic sewing machine, now here we are today with over 60K followers on social media, many stockists in Australia, New Zealand and Dubai and a very funky brand that customers just love.
Wow, what a ride it has been. There's been ups and downs and lots of interesting surprises. We've been copied by big department stores, we've been accused of copying, we've had exact copies being sold on Ali Express, and we've had a few design fails. But on the upside we have an amazing network of like-minded friends from running this business, designs that sell out in a flash, a super loyal customer base that just go crazy for our brand, and many wins along the way.
At times I have thought that I want my biz to take over the world, but you know what - I have realised now that I actually want to stay small, it is more manageable, less stress and I can control things much better. It is what suits me and my family and my lifestyle. So no plans for KaPow to expand anytime soon, especially while our children are still so young and need me so much. Don't get me wrong, its is definitely growing at a rapid pace. My ordering has doubled from last year. But I will have to cap it somehow soon, otherwise Ill move into the next bracket of having to get a warehouse, staff etc and I'm not ready for that.
Overall it has been a fun and perfect job for me, and I am super passionate about my business. I love the fact that 99% of the time I am working in my pyjamas. I love that my work time is flexible, so I can work around my kids. I absolutely love children's fashion, so much so, that most of the time this doesn't even feel like real work.
Of course running a fashion biz is a lot of work too. It takes time, it doesn't happen overnight. I would like to share some of my tips for running a successful kids clothing business:
Be prepared to work long hours if you want to have a successful business online. Respond to customers in a timely manner, they really appreciate it and will become a return customer. I am constantly researching fashion, whether it be on pinterest or out on the street, you always need to be one step ahead!
2. Master Social Media
Instagram results in about 80% of our sales online. Its important to master Facebook too, they are different. Here are my top tips to master instagram - I get asked this question a lot - How did you get to 54,000 followers - well its actually a lot of work. If you really want a big following, prepare to put in the hours. Here you go:
- Be passionate about your brand, your story. Be a real person, show your personality through your posts, add a little humour, some behind the scenes into your day to day life. Make your descriptions pop! If you're excited, it will show through your posts.
- Only post beautiful photos. People will unfollow you if you post a blurry, unedited pic. I just use the editing functions within instagram. I brighten, add contrast and crop. All pics should have good lighting. Also make sure your entire feed as a whole is beautiful too.
- Hashtag within the first post, not in comments or it wont be effective. Change up your hashtags from post to post. Check out what hashtags some of your fellow brands are using in your industry.
- Brand reps and enthusiasts are an amazing way to promote your brand. We have about 5 or 6 each range. The create content for us to repost, plus they create awareness of our brand to their followers. Having lots of pics to post on instagram is so helpful. We really appreciate our little reps.
- Post regularly. A good time to post is after 7pm as thats when most kids are starting to go to bed and parents are scrolling on their phones. Try to post each day, followers like consistency.
- Network with other instagram accounts. Be social, comment and like pics that you feel you genuinely like and align yourself with. In that way, you are supporting them, creating a friendship hopefully, and they may return your support. Not everyone will reciprocate, but its good to be commenting on pics as others will see you, may give you a follow, or at least you will gain exposure. I have made many true friends by engaging with them. Some are direct competitors, but it doesn't matter one bit to me - we help each other out and ask each other questions. Working from home can be isolating, its so important to network. Not everyone will be your friend too, I am pretty sure some other brands hate my guts!
- Giveaways are a quick way to gain followers - you could do a giveaway with a whole bunch of other brands, or just 1 or 2 brands, or by yourself. Make the prize decent, say a $100 gift voucher to your store.
You need to spend money to make money. When you first start out, of course its fine to just grow via word of mouth organically and not pay for any advertising. But if you truly want to grow, you need to invest in clever marketing. Some of my most successful marketing strategies would be: Brand reps and enthusiasts on Instagram, Facebook and Instagram ads, blog features, markets, giveaways and email marketing. I have found that being featured in print magazines not that successful. You need to try each avenue out yourself and measure which ones work best for your biz.
4. Get a mentor
My background is Architecture, not fashion, so I wanted to learn more about the fashion biz - I enlisted mentor Elizabeth from Fashion Equipped and she taught me so much. The things she has taught me have allowed my biz to grow in leaps and bounds. She taught me about wholesale and how to take my manufacturing offshore. Recently I have worked with biz coach Catherine Langman, you can read what we achieved here. It really pays off to get help!
But you could do all of these things above and still get nowhere - ultimately you need to create a product that rocks! Something different to whats already out there. You need to be creative, it will show through your designs. When I design my range I like to create clothes that when a kid wears it, people go WOW! Don't create something that's already been done, the market is saturated. Be unique, be yourself and I think you will flourish!
So whats next for KaPow? We have a brand new range launching at the end of August, our Spring/Summer range. To make room for the range our current winter range is on sale (selected designs). Here are some sneak peeks of summer below:
Soon we are doing a photo shoot for our AW18 range! Its quite a big collection this time, and we are showing the range for wholesale ordering at HELLO KID FAIR in August. We are expanding our knitwear range and also doing some new styles like kids backpacks! These will be available to buy February 2018 to customers.
Something for you!
Thank you to all our amazing friends and fans for your love and support, to celebrate our birthday we are offering 40% our Pom Pom Beanie range! Use code: BIRTHDAY at checkout. Ends Sunday 2.7.2017 at midnight.
Pom Pom Beanies are here!
Grab them while you can, these limited edition cute Pom Pom beanies have been selling very quickly.
- 50% fine merino wool / 50% low pilling acrylic blend yarn
- warm soft chunky knit
- easy to care for: machine washable
- SMALL fits newborn - 1 year,
- MEDIUM fits 1 year - 2 years,
- LARGE fits 3 years to adult.
- 4 prints to choose from
- designed in Melbourne
- made ethically in Vietnam
The perfect accessory to match the KaPow Kids Winter 17 range!
Have you got swagger?
Then come see KaPow Kids and lots of other cool brands at Swagger Child Market this Sunday, 19th February from 10am til 3pm at Coburg Town Hall, Melbourne, VIctoria!
Other cool melbourne brands that will also be there are Retro Bub, He and Her the label, La Banj, Le Petite Bouton, Cheeky Little Fox and Krome Kids.
Hope to see you there!
I am so proud of this new range, it has been about 12 months in the making. I am so glad it is nearly time to launch!
So let me introduce our new leopard print! We have leopard print again, because it is my favourite, and I know a lot of you just never get tired of it. It is an oversized leopard spot this time, with peach and black spots on beige fabric. Bodysuits, headbands, dresses, and jumpers. The peach is repeated in details like flutter sleeves and contrast trims. The peach is the same peach fabric used in our summer range so you can also mix and match it back with your soft serve designs.
Be sure to follow us on social media (@kapowkids on instagram) to stay up to date with more sneak peeks!